Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Modern hieroglyphs decoded!

I think I've deciphered that perplexing scrawl. A little further along the riverside walk are two more examples of the same handiwork and, yes, I believe the person's name is Drip:



That the town's two leading permanent-marker artistes go by the handles Drip and Smell suggests a serious underlying social malaise.

I shall be writing to Maitland City Council recommending the instigation of taggers' self-esteem workshops before this situation gets out of hand.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Brad, good to see you back posting on your blog. I am coming uo to Maitland this Friday, and it would be good to catch up for a drink.. I'm staying around the corner from the Metro.. I will be working at Vickers and Hoad Auction on friday, come to the viewing, from 10am, 325 High Street
    monty

    ReplyDelete