Thursday, April 22, 2010

Yummy Noodles: Best Food in Maitland?

Yummy Noodles is right next to the cinema and does what it says. I love it.



It's a humble, noble take-away joint – almost defiantly bleak of an evening (okay, all the time), as if to deter lingerers – but the food is cooked on the spot by a no-nonsense, indeterminately-Asian-speaking, occasionally squabbling family affair.

Once again, today they rescued me from what would have been another day of half-hearted, barely weight-maintaining nutrition.
Their "Yummy Hot Box" (you get to determine the spiciness and somehow they understand "medium" – finally!) is a meal that truly transcends its commercial potential. It takes me two goes to get through it and it's $9.50.

This is a big call, but considering my foodie mates from a former life, I feel embrazened to say – and I'm openly daring them to come and prove me wrong (Pat, Myffy - we have a spare room) – that this is The Best Food In Maitland.

No comments:

Post a Comment