Friday, April 9, 2010

A grizzly affair

An old workmate, Monty, is in town to work on an auction being held tomorrow.
It's happening in what is usually an empty shopfront on High Street, down our end of town.
The space is now brimming with all sorts of fabulous business, from furniture to objets to impressive examples of taxidermy:


I know it's a bit creepy, but still, if I had the $18,000 estimate I'd be very tempted....
Among the offerings are some really good (potential) bargains, although I fear word has already spread.
I clocked (as in spotted, not headbutted, although the thought did cross my mind) two queens eyeing up the lots; just the tip of the antiquing iceberg, I'm sure.

In any case, we'll be there – registered bidder #154!

Update!
I hear there's some serious bikie interest in the bear.
This auction could manage to be both glamorous and threatening.

No comments:

Post a Comment