Thursday, April 15, 2010

Oh Mindy

I don't want to get all linky, but I have just watched something that really piqued my interest.

I used to secretly love The Facts of Life, especially Mindy Cohn as Natalie Green. Her smile always got me:


Now I reckon Mindy is going to get a serious poofter-led career revival – a la Sharon Gless in Queer as Folk and now Burn Notice (while poor Tyne Daly's languishing on Broadway somewhere) – as Violet, the titular, self-proclaimed fag hag trying to find love in Violet Tendencies.
From the trailer, she nails it. I've met that woman. Some of the "gay" stuff makes me cringe though.
I fear it's the whiff of truth, albeit dated.

I mean, where are the beards apart from the artful stubble?
Seriously, these days Matt Stone and Trey Parker look more contemporarily gay (from my admittedly limited recent experience).

I find that interesting, is all...

No comments:

Post a Comment