Sunday, April 11, 2010

Auction aftermath

I never made it to the auction.
The thought of sitting (or, worse, standing) through an all-day sale was beyond me, but Mick went along.
Left to his own devices, he ended up buying seven lots.

We now have some things useful (we'll get a bedroom window out one of the lead-light panels) and not-so (yet more bowls).
But some of those $5 box lots – the full contents of which remained a mystery until we got them home – have yielded some happy surprises, in particular the 100+ records, most of which I presume comprised a good chunk of someone's classical music collection.
Plus some bizarre inclusions.

I've since had a major childhood flashback:


And personally I cannot wait to hear what this woman sounds like (all the songs are listed in what appears to be Japanese). She at least deserves commendation for both choice of headwear and use of soft-focus:


Klaus here promises to drown everything from Strangers In The Night to La Vie En Rose in Hammond cheese:


And how could this offering be anything less than jaunty?


Don't throw out those old record players, kids!

Update: I forgot to mention – the grizzly bear didn't reach its $12,000 reserve price and was passed in.
Next time...
Update #2: The lovely Colleen from Vickers & Hoad, the auctioneers, informs me the bear did sell – for $9,000. I reckon someone got a bargain.

No comments:

Post a Comment