Saturday, November 19, 2011

Vive la (price) différence!

I have nothing bad to say about any of the people who treated me me at the Calvary Mater Hospital.

Okay, there was the doctor who was nominally treating me but waited until my very last day to introduce himself...

But otherwise, they were uniformly friendly and thoughtful and of course I've forgotten virtually everyone's name.
At times it felt like Home and Away was filming a Very Special Episode – there's a seemingly endless supply of attractive young females working there.
I can confidently say thanks to Christine (who got me onto the fab cake show Choccywoccydoodah) and the seemingly sole male technician, Sean, who's working his Movember handlebar very well so far.

I do have one major gripe though.
Delimarché:


Simply put, they are holding everyone who visits the hospital hostage. Every nurse and other staff member I spoke to brings their own supplies; there's nowhere else within walking distance.

Fancy hot food? You can have a meat pie. Or you can have a sausage roll. Exactly how long they've been sitting in that little glass, barely heated box is a matter of conjecture.

Otherwise, you could have a dry, undersized croissant for $3.50.
Or how about a butterless finger bun? Only $5.

According to the Mater's website:

Delimarche design heritage is European in feel with a sense of classic café’s found across Europe with strong touches of today found through it’s clean design lines, food and beverage focused theatre and merchandising. Delimarche offers a fresh, healthy focused deli style menu range including a signature baked ‘front of house’ pastry range.

It's pretty disgraceful.
But so cosmopolitan!

No comments:

Post a Comment