Thursday, November 10, 2011

Hexham strikes again

The trip to the Mater normally takes half an hour at best, depending on traffic.

A relatively minor accident yesterday morning doubled the duration and brought out the ugly commuter in everyone.

Guess where:



Considering I have not been late once for my radio-zapping (not official terminology) and was most keen on maintaining my spotless (imaginary) record, I wanted to know which incompetent motorist was responsible for the hold-up:


That's the price you pay for buying an oversized beer nut.

Never one to lose an opportunity, I shifted my focus to the many and varied advertised treats that might – if the traffic moves – be within the vicinity of happiness.

How can these visions of cheesy delight fail to excite?



Then a tiny flicker of sensibility emerges, a bare token of independent thought (click to enlarge, as usual):


And before I know it, I give a shit.

Update: One day later, that last sign has been removed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment