Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Moving (and stationary) violations #3

This is a variation on one of the first car decals I saw.
That was in a different font and considerably smaller, though:


A bit of Googling reveals it's the logo of "action sports" clothing company, Skin Industries, whose output appears to consist solely of cotton casuals emblazoned with the word "skin" against various tattoo-style graphics (one range is fittingly called "nightmare").

And yes, they also sell die-cut decals – twenty in all.

Moving on to another high-fashion brand:


What the word "unit" has to do with the Playboy bunny is beyond me.
Also, notice the P-plate and the breast-cancer pink vanity plates.

It's a pattern, I tell you.

Finally we have some old-school ornamentation that I find objectionable on more than one level:


The message seems unnecessarily aggressive; it's a Prado, for god's sake.

Secondly, forget the butt, the eyes on that dog are truly disturbing. Is it rabid?

It kind of reminded me of that Simpsons episode with Mulder and Scully:


In hindsight, I guess it's pretty effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment