Thursday, November 3, 2011

Here come the sunflowers

A small girl knocked on the door some time ago, selling handwritten, handmade packages of sunflower seeds.

My immediate reaction was 'no thanks' but as I saw her knock on successive doors on our street and being turned back I was overwhelmed by guilt.
A gut-punch of you-cheap-arsehole.
Cue me – with my Frankenface – chasing after her as she rides off on her bicycle, "Stop, I'm sorry, I'd like to buy some of your seeds!"
Or words to that effect.

Terrified, but apparently confident that I was not, in fact, the incarnation of a horror movie her parents don't know she's already seen, she returned and I spent all of $3 on potential sunny wonder.

Well, two of half a dozen have so far taken on the challenge:


I had no idea they had that much foliage.
Who knows how tall they'll get.

No comments:

Post a Comment