Friday, November 4, 2011

Liza wants her royalties

Sometimes I worry that I convey the impression I'm living in a place bereft of culture.
Perish the thought!

As evidence to the contrary, I present the HVT Studio of Performing Arts:


Unfortunately, it's right on the highway in East Maitland, so the first impression isn't exactly glamorous or inspiring – until you spy a certain Sally Bowles from Cabaret, practically winking at you to come inside.

It's a clever move, so suggestive of glitz and wild success, with just the right undertone of "artistic" behaviour and its attendant publicity.

I'm personally concerned that Liza Minnelli is missing out on potential income from the use of her image, though.

(Quietly, I'm torn between taking "Jazz" or "Contemporary".)

No comments:

Post a Comment