Sunday, December 19, 2010

Creature comfort

I'm dreading tomorrow and that bloody hospital.
I really hope the resident harpy is already on holidays. The reason I'm having surgery so quickly is because the surgeons are going on Christmas break.
They're Jewish.

Speaking of which, I cannot fathom the reasoning behind draping every surface of a place where people are sick and/or dying with tinsel. Do they seriously think they're cheering anyone up?
If there's a little plastic Santa ho-ho-hoing anywhere in my vicinity (as there was the last time I was at the John Hunter) I may cause a scene.

Fortunately, the animals at home have been out in force to divert me.

First, we discovered another blue-tongue lizard, happily tucked away in an empty flowerpot:


And I'm proud to share that the magpie offspring have grown up quite a bit. They now comprehend how to find their own food, although they're still struggling with the concept of sharing.

Case in point, the keeper of the drumstick:


Most excitingly, we have a handsome new neighbour who arrived today.

Meet Rocky (on the right):


Things seem a little tense, but nothing several apples can't fix.

1 comment:

  1. Be nice to the surgeons. Love and kisses and best wishes to you. Have fun in the hospital. Do it. I'm serious. Personal challenge: have fun. Sounds nuts but i think you should try it. Lemme know how it goes. xonorm

    ReplyDelete