Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Strange visions

Another late night in front of the TV, another hallucinatory guest appearance, even more incongruous than Joan on Roseanne.

Soul legend Ray Charles:


... on Who's the Boss? Mm hmm:


It's like Aretha Franklin popping up on Two and a Half Men.

Mind you, I'm not totally averse to Who's the Boss?, mainly because of Tony Danza's particular ... I don't know.
I wish I could put a finger on it:


He's still holding up well, by the way:


I also think Katherine Helmond is fab and I must admit that around this time in the series, a few seasons in, it was becoming excruciatingly obvious that young Jonathan (Dany Pintauro) was Dorothy's biggest little friend.
I gave proceedings a certain squirmy delight every time he delivered a line.
He always seemed that close to snapping his fingers and calling Mona "girlfriend".

Random aside: Having watched a few episodes recently, for the first time since they originally aired, I declare Who's the Boss? to be neck-and-neck with The Cosby Show in the ugly-jumper stakes.

Ugly, ugly jumpers. I swear the '80s didn't look that bad.

2 comments:

  1. I am grateful you are remaining loyal to the craft of amusement. Danka

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't have minded putting a finger on Danza either....

    ReplyDelete