Sunday, October 16, 2011

Ray, o ye of sunshine

Raymond left this week. We had a great laugh during his stay – his not-quite-healed broken leg kept us largely indoors (near the port bottle).

It ended very strangely, for me at least.
Raymond is shortly to be ordained officially within the Anglican Catholic Church.
How this works, I have no idea.
All I know is he's a liberal-minded, erudite (he's ex-BBC, ABC, advertising, etc.) bloke with a great sense of humour (and a motorbike – he's no spring chicken), whom I've known and loved for two decades.

He's also very stubborn and insisted on a brief religious ceremony before he left, despite being aware of my utter disregard for piety.
It involved a laying of hands and holy water. If it had been anyone but Raymond I would have felt ridiculously hypocritical. As it was, I cried.

Fortunately, we just happened to have a ginchy little scent bottle into which Raymond poured said holy water. He left me some.

It's now in the guest bedroom:

No comments:

Post a Comment