Monday, October 3, 2011

A dingo took my ex-boyfriend

Said a teary goodbye to Blair yesterday on a suitably wet and miserable day.

On a happier note, we took him to the Hunter Valley Zoo on Friday. I never knew we had one. The fact you have to drive along a kilometre of dirt road to get to it didn't bode well, but we were pleasantly surprised.

It helps that peacocks roam all over the place:


And you can walk among and pat the most laid-back wallabies and kangaroos I've ever seen:


I must admit I started to get a bit sad when it came to the monkeys; they didn't look particularly happy:


The signage suggests as much:


But when it came to this lorikeet, which practically screamed at me to get him the hell out of there, it was time to go:


We then hit Tyrrells Winery, which was beautiful, although Suzi made a break for the vines at one point:


I'm pretty sure Blair enjoyed himself. He saw a wombat, koala, kookaburra, echidna (far cuter in real life):


... and sundry other native fauna.

But by far the highlight was on Wednesday, when Mick and I took him to the Metro and the owners turned up with their new dog, Bebe:


She's part-dingo.
And no, they don't normally have demonic glowing eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment