Saturday, July 24, 2010

The rain in Spain...

I have to say I, like many Australians, had high hopes for Julia Gillard. As Kevin Rudd slowly disappeared into a greige cloud of ineffectiveness, she seemed like an auburn beacon of... if not hope, then at least change.

Since she's become Prime Minister, however, she's like Pauline Hanson cast in My Fair Lady.
Remember when she had that shocking Aussie accent and the bogan haircut to match?


Now she's opening her vowels and stressing her consonants (just like Pauline did to sound educated), plus she's had a salon cut-and-colour (thank god she got rid of those grey roots I spotted just after the takeover was announced):


In either guise, I don't like her any more. She makes me miss Mark Latham.
At least he never pretended to be someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment