Friday, July 9, 2010

Drear me

I was meant to be heading to Sydney this evening but the weather is so wet and miserable I've decided to put it off. If I'm going to be stuck inside I'd rather be here with Mick.

I'm going down for a week or so to get some medical matters seen to and have a reverse-holiday of sorts.
I've been assured by all and sundry that I'm not missing anything so I don't plan to stay any longer than necessary.
I also want to join Mick when he goes to watch the rugby league at the pub tomorrow night; I'm using it as a test-run of my scarred toothlessness in a licensed venue (I'm still seriously toying with the idea of concocting a dramatic backstory).
Mind you, Maitland is no Darlinghurst...

Anyway, the garden is very happy with the rain; our grevillea is starting to flower for the first time:


The horses, on the other hand, look a bit fed up with it:


I don't blame them.

No comments:

Post a Comment