Monday, April 9, 2012

What would Martha do?

Martha Stewart, that is.
Now that we get The Martha Stewart Show I'm a bit of a fan – she's a wiz with a few twigs and some glitter (plus $500 worth of Martha Stewart crafting tools).

In any case, these days, I find myself with abundant spare time, a frustrated creative urge and a house-and-a-half worth of tchotchkes (courtesy of Mick's many auction visits), so I turn to Martha in moments of severe ennui.

She's never satisfied with leaving anything alone, you see. It has to be distressed, glossed, ribboned, bedazzled, whatever it takes to achieve a sense of decorative (read: emotional) fulfilment. I prefer less exertion myself, and as such I've discovered the non-edible wonders of food colouring.

When boredom strikes, I simply change the colour of the glassware on the dining room window sill. At a certain point in the afternoon it creates a dreamy, Valley of the Dolls-meets-Picnic at Hanging Rock tableau:


Speaking of which:

No comments:

Post a Comment