Friday, August 6, 2010

Auction artefact #14: Foldaway fan

The last auction wasn't as bountiful as previous affairs (word has got out; prices have gone up), but Mick came home with some good stuff, none of which we needed.
He scored a very nice radio cabinet and some kitchenalia (I believe that's the industry term) that all fit well in the house.
I fear we have reached the end of our decorating phase, however, and teeter on the brink of hoarding.

In any case, Mick also nabbed the collection of fans I asked him to bid on. I hadn't really looked at them properly during the viewing but I thought they might be cute for my nieces. As it turned out, they're just cheap tat, but I do love both the ingenious mechanism and heartbreakingly innocent packaging of this example:


No comments:

Post a Comment