Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Greetings from The Bend


Horseshoe Bend – or The Bend, as locals call it – is a suburb of Maitland, about a two-and-a-half hours' drive north of Sydney. I moved here last April with my man, Mick, who bought a lovely old house with a big yard just 50 metres from the Hunter River.

It couldn't be further removed from Darlinghurst and I'm relishing the culture shock.

Frankly, I thought I'd be like Eva Gabor in Green Acres, but it turns out I'm more Felicity Kendal in The Good Life.

Who knew?


I'll be posting more shortly. Having been in the internet wilderness I'm currently playing catch-up.
I mean, ChatRoulette. Seriously?

4 comments:

  1. Got any pigs? Happy to see you back and bookmarked. xono

    ReplyDelete
  2. No pigs I'm afraid. We still don't even have a dog yet.
    Thanks for the welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Felicity Kendal in The Good Life: definitely some pre-adolescent stirrings there, as I recall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was actually more fond of Penelope Keith as Margo. Perhaps no surprise.

    ReplyDelete