Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Reasons to be cheerful

My friend Raymond admonished me via email on the weekend for depressing him with Peggy Lee.
I never thought such a thing possible.

Anyway, here are some antidotes.
For starters, from the garden, our very first hot-pink bottlebrush:


Perky!

And on the patriotic front (with a little added bear action) here's Australia's Damon Kelly winning weightlifting gold in the super heavyweight category at the Commonwealth Games:


That's him after successfully cleaning and jerking, I think.

4 comments:

  1. Who knew you could win gold medals for jerking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only after you've cleaned.
    Still better than snatching though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i prefer snatching, but if that's not in the cards, i'll usually jerk first and then clean. is that oversharing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now you have me picturing you in a lycra onesie...

    ReplyDelete