Sunday, April 10, 2011

Critter catch-up

Lately we've been overrun by ugly, drab caterpillars that are chewing their way through the front yard.
Frankly, they're kind of faecal in appearance and not worthy of photographing.

However, we had another bearded dragon visit, which was exciting; this one reminded me a lot of Selma's pet iguana, Jub-Jub:


And I finally got a half-decent photograph of a butterfly. (No, I never thought I'd type that sentence but I feel oddly at peace with its tragic echo.)

Without a zoom lens it's nearly impossible to approach them without frightening them off (unless they're busy of course) and I've deleted countless smudges vaguely suggesting something in flight.

Anyway, I swallowed what little pride I've bothered to hang on to and chased this particular one around until I got it:


Oh, and the chooks across the street have multiplied.
They now regularly come out for a run:


They're so cute. If only they didn't attract deadly brown snakes...

No comments:

Post a Comment