Sunday, March 27, 2011

Please, sir, I want some morphine

I am absolutely dreading tomorrow. Surgery day. The day I get a piece of my arse removed to replace the piece of my right arm, which is going on my face.

Happy Monday!

I have to get to John Hunter Hospital at 6.15 am (poor Mick) and will be in there for god knows how many days. I'll be getting a tracheostomy, so I'll be unable to speak for a while. That bit really creeps me out (it's odd what bothers you when facing a litany of horrors), especially the thought of encountering that bitch nurse again and not being unable to respond to her.
As some sort of consolation I bought a new note pad and pens today.

I can at least express my discomfort/indignation/desperate desire to get the hell out of there in ballpoint.

Sorry I haven't posted, by the way. I've just been floating in a painkiller haze, feeling sorry for myself. I've tried to capitalise on what time I had left as a relatively normal-looking person, but I couldn't muster the enthusiasm.

Needless to say, apart form the self-admistered morphine drip I've been promised, the best thing about any of this is the fact I have Mick.
I've warned him repeatedly that, after this surgery, he's going to be waking up next to the Elephant Man.
He just gives me a kiss and tells me to stop being silly.
I love him so much.

Anyway, wish me luck!

Rocky and Wiz, oblivious to my medical situation, angling for carrots this morning:

2 comments:

  1. Ha. You'll still be the same happy blogger, I hope? They're not cutting your sense of humor out, are they? Good luck. Make drawings. Save all the notes. xonorm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't read this earlier but I hope all went well with your procedure and recovery.

    ReplyDelete