Monday, January 24, 2011

Life and death in The Bend #2

I should warn that the following is a little upsetting, especially if you like bunnies.




Notice how I thoughtfully gave some space. I'm like that.

Anyway, on Saturday morning I took the shortcut behind the repertory theatre on my way to the ATM when I came across a horrible sight.
Horrible because it looked so calm and almost alive:


Fast-forward two days and as I'm walking towards the same spot I see a gorgeous little cartoonishly tiny bunny – I could have wrapped it in gold foil – hopping away, across to a small gap between the grass and an adjacent building:


The dead mother rabbit is still there, shoved (kicked?) to the corner of the parking lot:


No-one's bothered with a decent disposal. I'm sure they figure the council will sort it out and will protest loudly if the smell begins to bother.

I couldn't help but notice whose parking lot it is:


Maybe it's an anti-bunny Easter thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment